Head office roles
Antler is the UK’s longest-established luggage brand with over 100 years of expertise. With new private equity backing, the brand is poised for reinvigoration and rediscovery in 2019 and beyond: There has never been a better time to become part of this dynamic business.
Our ambitious but achievable growth plans are centered around our online channel, and we are now looking for a driven, dynamic and commercial ecommerce manager to help drive this growth and elevate and enhance our online offering to positive commercial effect. The primary areas of responsibility for this role are as follows:
To drive site conversion with rigor and ambition, taking a continuous improvement approach, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Undertaking ongoing analysis of the customer journey across all devices, prioritised by highest traffic (mobile first), and implementing a rigorous schedule of testing and optimising the user experience in order to improve conversion across the board
- Monitoring and improving site speed across all devices, ensuring best practice is followed and ensuring we stay up to date with the latest thinking and tech developments in this area
- Forensically monitoring all potential conversion obstacles and identifying and implementing solutions
- Continuously researching and evaluating ways in which the site can build trust and serve the most accurate, relevant and appealing product information to the customer
- Managing our abandoned browse / basket / failed payment recovery strategy
- Overseeing on-site data capture mechanisms and overlays
- Regularly undertaking usability studies, and researching and evaluating new tech solutions and functionality as they come to market, in order to continuously improve our offering
To drive revenue growth in the paid search, display and affiliate channels, as well as third party sales platforms:
- Holding our partner agencies accountable for performance on a week to week basis
- Proactively suggesting initiatives and ideas to continuously optimise campaigns and improve channel performance
- Implementing our Amazon Seller Central strategy across marketplace and FBA, dovetailing with Vendor, to meet and exceed targets, and support our commercial aims
- Implementing our SEO strategy to efficiently and effectively support our commercial aims
To work closely with our partner dev and support agency to troubleshoot and manage bug fixes and essential additions to the existing site. Thereafter, to implement a development roadmap to continuously improve our offering and ensure we continue to present an innovative and engaging online experience which adds real value to our customer.
From Q4 onwards, we will be embarking on a re-platforming project, and you will be an integral part of ensuring we launch a best-in-class and futureproof site, on time and on budget, seamlessly integrated with our back-end systems and third party platforms and suppliers.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience managing all elements of an eCommerce platform – Magento 1 and Shopify experience would be advantageous
- Email campaign management – ideally with Ometria.
- External agency management, including PPC, Affiliates, Web Developers and Designers.
- Understanding of paid-for search marketing tools: Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook & Instagram performance marketing.
- Comprehensive understanding of Google Analytics and experience in using the data to come up with action plans based on consumer behaviour, with the goal of driving KPIs.
- Knowledge of and experience working with payment gateways.
- Basic HTML skills. CSS and basic Photoshop desirable.
- Experience of creating and executing campaign concepts for digital marketing calendars.
- Ability to adapt ideas and concepts to specific brand guidelines while remaining open to feedback.
- Knowledge of and experience working with agile project management desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Amazon / feeds
If this sounds like you, please apply in writing, explaining why you’re perfect for the role, enclosing a copy of your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “eCommerce Manager”. Unfortunately, due to the expected volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to successful candidates.